James Fleming Seminar
August 20 – 24 • 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Dr. James W. Fleming — A Journey through the Book of Acts
Some of the themes the lectures will seek to address during the five-day seminar will include:
- We will look at the important theological implications of some early Christian texts that may be important, but are easily lost today because we lack a clear understanding of their cultural setting.
- We will examine more than a dozen sociological and religious barriers crossed by the early church and the subsequent various religious themes the apostles sought to address.
- We will follow the various church and society issues the early church faced in relation to Roman law and government officials as the church expanded during the Pauline journeys.
- We will look at commonly misunderstood issues important to Paul as he tried to help followers of Jesus show respect both for Judaism and their belief in Jesus as the Messiah.
- We will try to understand the issues important to Paul in his trial before the Roman Senate. We will look at evidence for the verdict and whether Paul made have realized his wish to sail on to Spain.
Location: Community Room.
Please click to register:
$125.00 (+$2.00 purchasing fee)
$25 + purchasing fee