Director of Development
Reports to: Executive Director/COO
Summary: The Director of Development is responsible for all development activities to include fundraising, donor recruitment / cultivation, development resource management, and public relations. The Director of Development manages capital campaigns, supports the work of the Development Committee, and maximizes the support of the various auxiliary organizations. Development is to be performed to sustain the ability of the OGCMA to provide opportunities for spiritual birth, growth, and renewal through worship, educational, cultural, and recreational programs for persons of all ages in a Christian seaside setting. The Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Association (OGCMA) is a faith-based non-profit organization.
All job duties and standards within this job description will be performed according to established policies, procedures and guidelines of the OGCMA.
Fundraising and Donor Cultivation Responsibilities:
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors. Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.
- Develop and/or expand a planned giving program with a specific focus on legacies and estate gifts
- Implement a ministry-wide system for tracking cultivation and solicitation of major donor contacts
- Creatively design and effectively execute the recognition of all donors appropriate to their giving level. Research innovative ways to acknowledge significant benefactors, donors, and volunteers
- Conduct research and seek out opportunities for funding. Oversee the use of state of the art data analytics to amplify the probability of successful solicitations
- Author grant requests and foundation/corporate/individual requests
- Network with the Board of Trustees, Executive Director, Development Committee, and Staff
- Coordinate fund raising special events
Development Resource Management Responsibilities
- Research, develop, and maintain annual fundraising budgets
- Supervise development related volunteers and full time/part time/contract staff
Public Relations Responsibilities
- Clearly communicate the vision, mission, and history of the OGCMA, in accordance with direction provided by the President and the Executive Director, both internally and externally
- Convey to all donors, potential donors, and unaffiliated external stakeholders that the Camp Meeting is a non-profit faith-based ministry which provides opportunities for Christian spiritual birth, growth, and renewal
- Capture and distribute stories of the ministry’s success
- Represent the OGCMA at speaking engagements and other public occasions as needed and requested by the Executive Director
- Present the OCCMA vision and needs to local church congregations and conferences for assistance in soliciting volunteer and monetary support
- Provide and facilitate the personal climate (i.e., friendly, thankful, unbashful), structure, and framework in which the daily fundraising and public relations activities can be effectively carried out
- Provide oversight and leadership to the OGCMA development functions
- Maintain a regular and purposeful visitation schedule with all key and prospective donors
- Create annual donor programs and campaigns with tiers of recognition (donor categories) to meet goals of the Development Department as mutually agreed upon with the Executive Director/COO and the Board of Trustees
- Provide supervision to the Development Coordinator for appeals, memorial and/or honorary gifts, and development events
- Attend all donor recognition functions and maintain a frequent and regular presence in Ocean Grove with our constituencies
- Attend Board of Trustees meetings as needed and facilitate progress reports in collaboration with the Development Committee Chair
- Solicit significant support from 100% of member of the Board of Trustees
- Function as contributing member of Management Team as measured by participation at meetings and by observation of the Executive Director
- A proven track record of Christian moral character and faith is strongly preferred
- While employed by the OGCMA, demonstrate commitment through participation in the activities of the OGCMA
Preferred Masters level degree in a related field and/or 5-7 years of successful experience in community organized fundraising.
Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) and Planned Giving certifications preferred.
|Computer Skills||Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or similar nonprofit fundraising software.|
Send resumes for this position to
Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Association
is now hiring for seasonal positions!
- Stepguards / Badge Checkers
- Recreation Coordinators
- Beachfront Bathroom Cleaners
- Beach Cleaners
- Parking Lot Attendants
- Children's Ministry Workers
- Maintenance Staff
- Auditorium Staff
- Retreat Center Housekeeping
Please download our employment application here or stop by our offices for a printed copy.
Beach Front Custodial Team Member
Summer 2018 Employment Opportunity
- Maintain and clean restrooms on the Boardwalk and Beach, changing rooms, the Boardwalk Pavilion, and the Boardwalk.
- Applicant must be able to maintain an assigned schedule, work without direct supervision, and properly address the public when required.
- Free beach access
- Work in a beautiful seaside setting
- Friendly staff
Maintenance / Custodial Support Team Member
Summer 2018 Employment Opportunity
Summary of Responsibilities
Provide daily operations and set up of all OGCMA facilities under the direction of the Auditorium Manager. Duties include but are not limited to opening and closing facilities as needed for special events, concerts and worship services, ensuring all restroom facilities are clean and well stocked, performing light maintenance to ensure safety, perform heavy cleaning including seasonal opening and closing of facilities, and respond to requests to ensure that all assignments are completed properly and in a timely manner.
- Light maintenance and housekeeping
- Trash collection in and around facilities
- Maintain cleanliness of all buildings
- Set up and breakdown of concerts, shows, and events
- Able to follow directions and work well with others
- Free beach access
- Work in a beautiful seaside setting
- Friendly coworkers
- Gain hands-on knowledge about nonprofit facilities management
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of knowledge, skill and or ability required.
Working knowledge of the following:
- Housekeeping procedures
- Key and alarm code standard
Abilities in the following areas:
- Speak effectively and politely to the general public, volunteers and staff
- Carry out written, verbal and or diagram instructions
- Dress appropriately for task as per the organizations uniform standards
- Exhibit professionalism and discretion at all times including when in contact with major public figures both Christian and secular.
- Deal with problems in varying situations and resolve conflict in ways that our positive and affirming.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to interact with a diverse population of constituents, model Biblical values and relationship standards.
Reports to: Great Auditorium Manager
Rate of Pay: $9.50 per hour
Must be able to pass an extensive background check and criminal history background check.
For more information about joining our team and/or to schedule an interview, please call Jeff Force, Director of Operations at 732-775-0035 ext. 102.
Internships for Youth Ministry
Open Paid Internship Positions for Youth Ministry Summer Staff
We are seeking qualified applicants to apply to our summer internship positions within our Youth Ministry program. We are looking for interns who have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior and who have a proven ability to invite young people into a Bible-based relationship with God.
The Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Association (OGCMA) summer youth ministry internships are open to college age students and older who are interested in serving in a lively and fast-paced relational based program through a holistic approach. Speaking, small groups, large groups, planning, counseling, budgeting, community involvement, worship leading, open gym nights, beach time, etc will all play a role in the intern’s summer.
While our name suggests we are a camp, we are not. We are a para church ministry committed to raising and strengthening leaders for the Local Church.
Check us out on Facebook: Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Association or Ocean Grove Children, Youth, and Dramatics Programs
These full time internships will begin Wednesday June 6th and end Sunday, August 12th. Package includes a summer salary as well as housing 3 blocks from the Atlantic Ocean.
Interested qualified applicants should please send a resume and a statement of faith to Megan Faulkner, Director of Young People's Ministries at .
All inquiries can be directed to or our main office at 732-775-0035.